Monday, September 22, 2008

Wow it has been a while since I have written anything on here. Probably because nothing really interesting has happened. We took Brooke to UNH last Wednesday for a tour. She liked it a lot, and Gary and I were impressed with it too, it would be nice if she could get in there but I know the nursing program is very competitive.
We had some trim painting done on the outside of the house and it came out really good, and now I want the inside painted but Gary is not into painting and it would cost a small fortune to have it done. poop.
Out hot water tank was leaking, and it had to be replaced, and they decided Friday morning while I was going to the bathroom would be a good time to show up without calling ahead of time and ring the doorbell. Of course, because Brooke was driving her own car to Maine and I had a chance to leave early. Well, that didn't happen since they were there until 1:30. And I had to run around and wash dishes and brush my teeth when they finally turned the water back on. Anyway, hopefully they did everything correctly because I took off right after and we haven't been home all weekend, I would hate to come home to a basement full of water.
We had a nice weekend here in Maine, actually I am still here because Brooke drove herself to school this morning and I can take my time going home. The weather has been great, sunny and seasonable temps, although yesterday was warmer than it has been . We are down to the final days here, we will come back next weekend and then the weekend after we go to the Fryeburg Fair (thanks Mom and Dad for letting us borrow your camper!) and then the weekend after that is the last weekend.
My Dad had his second laser treatment on his eye and we have fingers crossed and are praying that it works. (his blocked carotid artery is causing issues with his eye).
that's the update, nothing exciting, but that is a good thing. I'll try to have some good pictures from the Fair when we go to post on here.

No comments: