Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Guardian

Julie Barenson's young husband left her two unexpected gifts before he died-a Great Dane puppy named Singer and the promise that he would always be watching over her. Now four years have passed. Still living in the small town of Swansboro, North Carolina, twenty-nine year old Julie is emotionally ready to make a commitment to someone again. But who? Richard Franklin, the handsome , sophisticated engineer who treats her like a queen? Or Mike Harris, the down to earth nice guy who was her husband's best friend? Choosing one of them should bring her more happiness than she's had in years. Instead, Julie is soon fighting for her life in a nightmare spawned by a chilling deception and jealousy so poisonous that it has become murderous desire....
This was a great book, very suspenseful. The only thing is, if you don't like to read books where the story does not end happily for the animal, this may not be for you. Brooke gave me this book to read, and I asked her a few times if something happens to the dog, she wouldn't tell me and I soon was hooked into the story. Luckily I was home in my own bed when I read the end and could go bawl in the bathroom. Good thing I was not reading it in a public place!!

No comments: