Monday, May 19, 2008



Finally a campfire. Even though it was only burning the evidence of the branches that Gary sneakily cut down, the campground owner frowns on that sort of thing. I don't know why I look so vapid in that picture, I swear I only had one glass of wine with dinner! And the last two pictures are Louie on one of his walks, his favorite thing about going to Maine. It was a good weather weekend, the rain held off, I am not kidding, until we were getting in the car to come home yesterday. Saturday Gary had to work, and Brooke went to Danielle's house for the night. So I spent the day walking, eating, reading, and I went to the storage unit and brought some boxes back to the camper and spent some time unpacking them and deciding what was staying and what was not. We had Internet hook up even this weekend! Saturday night we went out to dinner at Ruby's. They had a special of lobster roll, and for some reason I really wanted that. I don't know why, I am not a huge lobster fanatic. But of course, they were all out when I ordered (which makes me want one all the more) so I ended up with baked haddock, and steamed veggies and....french fries. You didn't think I was going to eat ALL healthy did you?? I have had to chew all on the right side for the last couple of days. I bit the inside of my cheek on Thursday, and then Friday night gave it another couple of good chomps, not being smart enough to chew only on the right after the first chomp. So now it is good and sore and has been miserable.
Sunday morning, I was up before 7. I know, me? I am just guessing, but I will bet that no one else's husband in this world was awake at 6:30 Sunday morning playing the air guitar in his skivvies and singing some old song from the 60's or 70's (and not even the right words). just guessing.......so that was probably the reason i was awake that early, along with the sun shining in on my face. My shades in the new camper are definitely not light-blocking.
Still no deck or sunroom on the camper. At the rate we are going, we will put it up, and then it will be time to take it down. Gary has vacation starting Friday and we were really hoping it would be up for that.
The weather seems more like late March or April today. Pretty blustery and about 48 degrees right now. I don't care, as long as it warms up for the weekend. :)












No comments: