Sunday, November 20, 2011

4th Annual Henry Hike

okay, this picture should be down with the others
at the lake, I am too lazy to fix it

Ready to hike to Lonesome Lake







Someone was actually camping in this







hmm, this looks to be heading upwards







Kim and Shelly







break time






I'm not really enjoying this hike




















Gary is loving it too can't you tell?








Finally at the lake










I am smiling because the climb up is over





















































the kids were sure having fun







We roped some other hikers into taking pictures. We were



all dangling our cameras out to them





Charlie and Shelly and family


Teresa Tom and Tyler (and Gary



the dog)











Linda and Norman






heading back down









So on the way back down, we took a wrong turn. What should have been an easy mile back to the paved bike path, ended up being 3 miles, and a bridge to get to the other side was washed out so we were traversing rocks across, not fun! If I never see another ROOT again I will be happy, I must have picked my way over at least 1,000 of them on the way down.

























No comments: