Saturday, July 19, 2008

I can hear the thunderstorms in the distance, they are coming closer and closer. It is very hot and very humid today, even here by the ocean. Gary has had a great vacation for weather though, we are not complaining. On Thursday they had Water Day for the kids here at the campground. Brooke worked with Danielle for the day with the kids instead of in the store. Gary and I went to Perkins cove. Did some shopping, had some lunch. It was too freaking hot to walk the Marginal Way in my rubber flip flops so we took the trolley over and I walked onto the end of it in Ogunquit to take some flower pictures. Thursday night we went to Bingo at the fire station down in Short Sands with the Gilbert's. Gary won $30, I won $0. Friday we went to an estate sale and got some stuff to re-sell on e-bay. Then later in the day we took the bikes to Short Sands with Charley and Shelly and the kids. We went bowling and Charley won, but I came in 3rd. After that we biked to Brown's for ice cream. I don't even like Brown's ice cream, I don't know why I submitted myself to the torture of the hills we had to ride up. On one hill I just had to walk, I told Gary to tell the others that we stopped because his chain fell off, not because I couldn't make it!! then we managed to get back on and ride, we turned the corner and there was another damn hill. I put it in the lowest possible gear and huffed and puffed my way to the top. As I crested the hill, red-faced with Gary behind me not faring much better, there were some people sitting out on their porch, drinking wine and probably not sweating in places that you shouldn't sweat in like I was. they cheered us on, yelling that "we could do it!!" HA! I did, but I think my knee is broken, or at least badly sprained. (just kidding) It was embarrassing because the kids went right up the hill like it was nothing. Anyway, we got ice cream, although I only wanted about a gallon of water at that point. then we rode home. through the rain. Wasn't that just lovely. I just wanted to get off the bike and lay on the sidewalk in a fetal position, so I didn't stop pedaling because I wouldn't have made it home if I stopped. This was all Charley's big idea, so at the campground they got to their camper first. I rode by him and just pointed at him and mouthed the words "you're dead meat". Then Gary went by him, not looking at him, with his middle finger up. (Gary didn't learn that on his own, I am pretty sure that his brother Billy showed him how to do that when they were growing up) We can be so pleasant when pushed to the extreme.
I have eaten far too much food this week, and it is all Gary's fault. Notice that I blame other people for a lot of stuff? But, why be a quitter now? I think we will go for Chinese food for dinner.

No comments: