Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Vacation

It was the annual deep sea fishing trip for the guys this weekend. Brandon (my nephew) did not attempt it again this year, he has tried everything and can't shake the sea-sickness when he goes out. So it was Gary, my Dad, and 3 other guys that went. Afterwards we all had a cookout with fresh haddock that we cooked on the grill in foil packets. I just put a pat of butter, a slice of lemon and some dill in each packet and it was delicious. I made way too much food as usual. Corn muffins, clam chowder, tortellini salad, ziti bake, strawberry/pineapple jello dish, cappuccino mousse trifle and apple spice cake. Nicole and Eric came up for the day and I sent a lot of leftovers home with them.
Gary is on vacation this week. Yesterday we went to the movies and saw Hancock, it was totally awesome! I loved it. Then we had lunch at Fresh City. I had teriyaki stir fry with veggies, tofu and jasmine rice. Shopped at Old Navy afterwards, Brooke and I got some shirts, then we went to Barnes & Noble where I could browse for a long time but the rest of my family gets bored quickly. I picked up a James Patterson hardcover book that was only $6.98, Beach Road. I don't think I have read it.
Today was laundry day, not so much fun but the towels were running low. We cooked on the grill tonight and had corn on the cob, yum!

No comments: