Monday, October 19, 2009

The Balsam's Weekend

Look, snow!!!
The Old Man~ no more


Mt. Washington

We even had our own living room, with a TV (practically
unheard of at The Balsams



That was the side our room was on

















We walked up to the golf course and back, 4 miles!







The view from the top









Balsams ski area




Ready for lunch :)









The entrance to the Culinary school
























In the ballot room
Cannon Mt.
Our weekend was fabulous, we couldn't have asked for better weather on Saturday, cool but sunny. There was some remnants of the 3 inches of snow they had a few days earlier, but it was mostly melted. The food was fantastic, and I ate a LOT of it. I would die of over-eating if I ate fancy like that every day, 5 course meals every night and a big breakfast buffet every morning. The best thing I had to eat over the weekend would have to be the chilled Pumpkin Soup. It was more like a dessert, and we all know how I like sweets! The second best was the salmon. The worst thing I had to eat this weekend? Hmmm, probably the caesar salad of all things, it just wasn't that good. Now, I am home, Gary is back to work, maybe my eating can get back on track. I am off to do my Wii Fit.




No comments: