Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Party

Brooke and Shelley and Louie Cory and Shell




Shell and Mom
Christmas Bingo

Gary the Bingo caller
On Sunday we had our annual Christmas party. We don't get a chance to see my brother and his family at Christmas so we started having this party. This year my Aunt Joan and Uncle Cal joined us, bringing along Grandpa's famous onion dip!! For the meal we had ham, cheesy potatoes, mac n cheese, green bean casserole, honey-thyme veggies, biscuits, Dijon mushrooms and I think that was it. A LOT of food. We did a Yankee Swap after, and we voted on doing it the old-fashioned way, or Ross had a new way to do it. I voted for the new way, which won, and regretted it! It was not fun. You had to decide after you picked a present, if you wanted to trade it with something that had already been opened, or keep it. Once you kept it, it was yours unless someone after you traded for it. No one wanted to trade without seeing what was in the package they picked, so it wasn't that fun. Next year, back to the old way. After that my brother read "Twas the Night Before Xmas" and we passed around a gift. Every time he said the word "the" you had to pass it along. My brother won, but only by saying "The End"!!! We played Christmas Bingo after, and there were prizes for that too. The end prize was a $10 Dunkin Donuts gift card and Nicole won that, but my nephew Brandon and his girlfriend Allison won the most prizes. We also had a guess how many candies game. You had to guess how many chocolates were in the jar, the one who came closest without going over won. My nephew Cory won that, i wasn't surprised, I figured it would be him or his brother. I made Sangria for the first time and it came out good, everyone liked it. All in all it was a great day, and fun to have everyone together. On a side note, I don't know what is up with my camera, I can't seem to get good clear pictures at an indoor gathering like that, it is really annoying!



















































No comments: