Saturday, December 20, 2008

Here We Go Again


"Announced by all The Trumpets of the sky,

arrives the snow".

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I can't tell how much snow we got last night, it drifted pretty good. But it was enough that we had to cancel our weekend at the Balsams and postpone it until January. And there is more coming tomorrow, it sounds like much more but you can never tell. Also, it is only 13 degrees out. I think we maxed out the temp today at 14 degrees. Ugh. The only bright spot of shoveling this Winter? Gary bought a shovel at a yard sale this past summer, which I scoffed at because i was melting in the heat. Well, that shovel fits perfectly between the hot tub and the deck railing! For the past 5 years I have cursed that little narrow spot, the shovel would catch and the snow I had managed to get on, would slide off. No more cursing this Winter! At that anyway.... :)

No comments: