Monday, February 16, 2009

Mall Cop, A New Motorcycle, and an Eagle





I am on a new diet. It is called the MY-HUSBAND-JUST-BOUGHT-A-MOTORCYCLE-AND-I-DON'T-WANT-MY-ASS-HANGING-OVER-THE-SIDE-OF-THE-SEAT diet. Nor do I want him grunting to hold it upright while I am on the back. We had some scooters in summers past that we used to ride around York in the summer. Last summer we had sold them all in order to pay for our new sun room on the new camper. We really missed puttering around the back roads of York so we got something else. This is a little bigger than the Honda Ruckus we had, and look at that back seat, I can lean back and I won't feel like an old lady 10 minutes into a ride and saying, oh this is killing my back! The Ruckus had no back rest and it used to kill my back!
Brooke and I went to the movies yesterday with my sister. (Gary had to work poor baby!) We saw Mall Cop. We chose that because the movie theater in our town is very crowded on Sundays and we figured that movie might be less so at this point. It started out not-so-funny. And I was a little disappointed, but it got considerably funnier by the end. It was nice to get out of the house for a while. On the way home, we were sitting and waiting to turn onto Bay Rd. and we saw a big eagle fly by, to the left of us. It had something hanging from its claws, it looked like red fabric. I read that in the Spring they fancy up their nests after the Winter and maybe it had snagged some cloth somewhere for its nest. I was so surprised to see it, and the light had turned green so I didn't see where it went. It came from the direction of the lake though. This was not the one I saw, because of course by the time I registered what I was seeing, it was way too late to get my camera phone out. But it looked just like it.

No comments: