Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Crash Bandicoot




Yes, that is the front fender of my brand-new 2008 Ford Edge. I had a little run-in with my mailbox yesterday. Yes, I was being lazy, and I did not want to pull into the driveway and God forbid, get out of the car and walk to get the mail. It was freezing rain and I didn't want to get my hair wet. :) So I drove in from the other side and pulled up to the mailbox, and as I backed away I caught on the wood under the mailbox. I thought to myself, crap, I hope that didn't scratch the car, please God don't let it be scratched. It seems God does have a sense of humor, and indeed, it was not scratched as I had feared, but when I ever got out of the car and saw the big dent I almost threw up.
Brooke, the deserter, made sure she was safely ensconced in her bedroom at 8, plenty of time before Gary got home from work. He didn't yell at me though, I would have immediately dissolved into a puddle of tears if he had. He tried a few things to pull the dent out a little to make it look nicer until we get it fixed, but that baby wasn't going anywhere. So now I have to drive around with my Dent of Shame, until we can get it in the shop.

No comments: