Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sick!!!

So much for gracefully sliding through the winter without catching a cold. Brooke came home Sunday morning with it, and by Tuesday night I had it. Yesterday it wasn't too bad though, a few Advil and I felt pretty good. I even took Louie for a walk. Then last night we went to see The Ruins at Smitty's. It was okay, not really scary though. Luckily there were only about 7 people besides us in there, because Brooke had a non-stop cough and mine was pretty annoying too. I went to sleep at 10:30 after drinking a cup of Sleepytime tea , and was awake again at 12:57. My chest was really tight, between the wheezing and whistling noises I was making with that, and sniffling and shnuffling I was doing with my nose, my side of the bed sounded like a party was going on with noisemakers. I gave up at 2 and went downstairs. By this point I had a fever and a headache. Brooke also gave up trying to sleep and came down a little while after. We sat in the living room coughing and hacking and moaning until the sun came up. Brooke fell back asleep at 6 , and stumbled back upstairs, where she is still sleeping soundly, lucky her. I had to call the school again and say she wouldn't be in, they must think I am a horrid mother, this is the second time this week. This is no regular cold, this is a flu, and it is kicking ass and taking names.

1 comment:

robinbrittagain said...

:-( Sorry you guys are sick. Taylor started last week and has missed school since last Tuesday! She has missed 8 days! She is going in today for a MONO test...Mono is really going around, so be careful! Feel better soon...