Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Mailman Loves Me, I'm Sure of It.


More snow. More shoveling of the deck. As you can see from the photo I have resorted to little pathways on my deck. Just enough to get to the hot tub and unlatch the cover and get in, and just enough for Louie to get down to the yard. I think we have got around 9 or 10 more inches in the last couple of days. Brooke had no school on Tuesday and today was another 2 hour delay. She will be going to school until July 4th, or around the same time the mountains of snow around here will finally melt. I had a subtle sign from the mailman today, he threw my mail in to the box and left the door open to the snow, and also left my nephew's birthday card sitting in the mailbox because I assume he did not want to reach for it. In my defense, I had the front of the mailbox cleaned out before I left this morning, (at 10:15) the town just hadn't bothered to plow my side of the road yet, they were lurking around the corner waiting for me to leave, then they raced down the street to plow a big pile up in front of it as I merrily drove away, confident that my mailman would not be PO'd because I had cleaned out in front for him. So I went down there with my shovel and cleaned it up. again. cursing under my breath. And as I sit here, the snow is coming down hard again, looks like a blizzard. lovely.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Those damn decks...I feel your pain. Not to rub it in but we don't have any snow, just lots of rain.
P.S. Thanks for the book. I'm working on one now, yours is next.

lahenry said...

Ha! You know damn well you are rubbing it in! We have more snow coming tonight.