Saturday, February 9, 2008

So even though I have been trying my darndest to clear out in front of the mailbox, I can't get the hump in front to go away. I sprinkled it with a bunch of ice melter and that did nothing. I could only scrape off the top layer after that. For 3 days in a row I have had notices in my mailbox about "snow removal reminder". I was thinking, maybe my mailman won't get a Christmas present next year. Then this morning he rang the doorbell, I had to sign for an envelope from our accountant. He was very pleasant, gave Louie a bone, then when I looked through the mail there was another notice, and this time it had a little add-on: "Your mail will be placed on hold until this box is cleaned out, entry and exit. Thank You." sigh.
Last night Brooke went to her friend Rachel's house. Gary actually came home early so we went out to eat at a new restaurant over in Belmont called Vineyards. It had a very nice atmosphere, warm decorating, nice booths. I had a caesar salad, baked haddock (totally delicious) and rice pilaf, and a glass of Pinot Grigio. Gary had a house salad, filet mignon , french fries and a glass of merlot. He was complaining to me about the filet, he said it was tough, but he ate it anyway. We split a dessert called Death by Chocolate, OMG it was soooo good. Screw the scale. :)

1 comment:

robinbrittagain said...

Ah, you only live once! I say ENJOY the chocolate!!!