Thursday, January 3, 2008

I Burnt My Fingers On My Sweater

It is -2 here this morning. I am not sure which weather pleasure I would rather have, bone-chilling cold or a foot of snow. How about both? Supposedly it is going to warm up, the forecast for Sunday-Wednesday says in the 40's. That should get rid of a crapload of this snow.
Gary is buying us a treadmill. We ordered it from Sears last night. Yes, we probably should have waited to see if we actually will need to buy a new dryer first, but...hey, maybe we could hook the treadmill up so that walking on it would make the dryer run! :)
Last night I cooked such a healthy dinner: fish, brown rice and steamed broccoli. Then we had chocolate cake. Hey, we have to finish this stuff and get it out of the house. Today I made Gary and Brooke salads for lunch, they probably would have rather have had soup on such a cold day, oops. If I don't use the salad mix, it will rot in the bottom of the vegetable bin, so the quicker I use it the better.
The dryer parts will be here today. I have been tracking them and they got into Laconia this morning. We paid through the nose for overnight shipping, and then realized they are only coming from CT. Oh well. Gary is going to put the new parts in tonight after work and we are praying that it works. Yesterday we had to shlep all the wet laundry into the laundromat and dry it there, and man the clothes come out of the dryer hot at the laundromat! I burnt my fingers on my sweater!
I am not going anywhere today, I am just staying home and cleaning, and of course, exercising. I am going to do the Denise Austin workout I have recorded, and probably go on the elliptical machine and watch the millionaire show at 12:30. That is the only way I can stay on that thing, not my favorite piece of exercise equipment.

No comments: