Friday, January 18, 2008

When outside the icy rain
Comes leaping helter-skelter,
Shall I tie my restive brain
Snugly under shelter?
Shall I make a gentle song
Here in my firelit study,
When outside the winds blow strong
And the lanes are muddy?
Robert Graves 1918

I don't know why, I just like that poem. Today was weigh-in day again. Gary was the big winner, he went down 4lbs 2 oz. this week!! Yay for him! So far he has lost 4 lbs. 6 oz. I was down another 2 pounds exactly this week for a total of 3 pounds so far. For me that is huge, I usually lose in little bitty increments of 5 oz. at a time. Brooke slept over her friends house last night so she has not weighed in yet. We got more snow last night, looks like about 4 inches, and I think it is still freezing rain. Blah. Then we get the joy of "frigidly cold air" coming in. I hate when the weatherman says that. It makes me cranky. So today I will be staying around the house again, shoveling, doing laundry, all kinds of fun stuff.
Gary called the camper place yesterday, they kind of gave him the run around. I just want them to send us back our deposit so we can a new camper somewhere else. I don't like the "not knowing" what we are going back to in May.

No comments: