Monday, January 7, 2008

One Nation Under God


It is 36 degrees here this morning. But the sun is not out, if the sun was out the snow would be melting so fast. The picture above is out our back door, Brooke took it a couple of years ago, isn't she an awesome photographer?
We seemed to have fixed our dryer problem, and our washer is behaving now too. But alas, now the coffee maker is acting up, and my new treadmill? The console had a big crack across it when we took it out of the box yesterday. Now I have to wait up to 10 days for a new console.

Brooke is going to Florida during Feb. vacation with her friend Rachel. They are staying at Rachel's grandfather's house in New Port Richey. Brooke was beside herself last night with excitement when we said we would buy an airline ticket for her, she was already making a list of what she was bringing. :)

I am having a problem deciding who to vote for tomorrow. There is too much information out there right now and it gets very confusing. One says they would get the troops out right away, another says they wouldn't, it would be bad now that they are already there to withdraw them. I wish things were spoken in simpler terms for some of us to follow, I don't get into politics because it can be so confusing. And I wish one of the candidates would bring God back into our country, in schools, everywhere. This country was founded "One Nation Under God" and that seems to be fading away.

2 comments:

robinbrittagain said...

Hello Lisa!
New Port Richey isn't that far from me. I think it's about 45 minutes maybe (?). I guess we had a cold snap while I was in Toronto. Like 30 degrees. But it is back to normal now. So beautiful. Christopher is back in his shorts and sandals. The first think I said to him when we got off the plane was "Look at the sun! Do you remember what that is?" LOL. Toronto is just like NH. Grey and overcast every day. Ugh. I hope you are off to a great New Year!

lahenry said...

Shorts and sandals..hmm what is that like? What do you mean NH is grey and overcast every day? Today we had probably 10 minutes of sun!! :)