Monday, March 10, 2008

Bittersweet


I read this book so fast, and I usually only read at night before bed. Saturday night I was awake until 2:30 reading this book, and I made myself shut it and go to sleep. I picked it up yesterday morning and finished it. I forget sometimes how good Danielle Steel is at pulling you into a story. This one is about a woman, India, who has been married for 17 years, has 4 kids, gave up her photography career to stay home and raise the kids. She longs to go back to it, but her husband forbids it, her "job" is to stay home and take care of the kids and him. He basically tells her that he doesn't really love her, they are too old for the romance stuff, and she feels like he just has her around to be a maid. She ends up going against his wishes and taking a photography job for a week in London, and there marriage goes downhill after that. She does find love again, but you will have to read the book to find out who it is!

No comments: