Monday, March 24, 2008

Congratulations Eric and Nicole!

Louie with his Easter basket
Gary
Beautiful Brooke



Mom and Chip



Chip and Tammy



Me, Tammy and Shell





Nicole and Eric are engaged!! He proposed to her Saturday night and gave her a beautiful ring. They have not set a date yet.
In other news Easter was a long family-filled day! At 1 we went to Mulligan's restaurant with the entire Henry clan. We filled the whole back room, I think there were 21 of us. I had baked stuffed shrimp, and was a little disappointed. The shrimp were very small, only about 3" long, I don't often order that for a meal, but I seem to remember the shrimp being much bigger in that dish. But it was fun to get together. Then we had time to go home and re-group and head to my parent's at 5. Nicole and Eric surprised everyone with their good news, and we had a delicious dinner. I of course made a strange concoction that did not go over well. I don't know what it is about me and cooking. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. there is a chance for me to make something yummy for a family gathering, I pick the strangest recipes. I have thousands of good recipes to pick from, and I pick a really odd one. And every time I say to myself, cripes, next time just make something normal that everyone will like. but the next time rolls around, and there is my strange food offering dujour. This time it was apple cherry salad. It is a cherry jello salad with cherry pie filling and chopped apples. Doesn't sound too bizarre does it? Well it was. On a better note, I did redeem myself by also making a chocolate peanut butter cake that looked and tasted normal. I hope my extended family doesn't think that they are the only ones I do this to, because Gary and Brooke can attest to the fact that I torture them with some pretty strange meals now and again at home too.