Monday, March 31, 2008

Mouse in the House?







Louie just loves this big stuffed bone that I bought him, he will throw it around in the air and then lay down like this with it and almost go to sleep. So silly. Not much happening around here, Gary had to work yesterday, yuck, I don't like when he has to work on a Sunday. I basically just did housework, and took Louie for a walk. The sun was out all day and shining brightly, but brr, it was still chilly enough that I wore my winter coat for the walk. Supposedly tomorrow it is going to be pretty warm but I won't believe it until I feel it. In other news, I think we have had a little stowaway living in the basement all winter. We did have a mouse down there at the end of the summer, and it had come up under the kitchen sink, and into some of the cabinets and there was mouse poop everywhere, all over the cellar. I bought a have-a-heart trap and caught the little bugger and let him loose in the field over by the school. ( Picture above is of the actual Mr. Mouse) I have seen no sign since then of another mouse. not one. Then last week Gary picked up something in the cellar, it was a roll of plastic wrap with a hollow cylinder in the middle, and all this bird seed fell out. We just figured it was from the little mouse that went to live over by the school. Then yesterday Gary went back down and went to use the plastic wrap again, and it was full of bird seed. again. Oh-oh. If there is one down there, it has not attempted to come upstairs, and I have not seen one mouse poop down there. Very strange. But I am a softy, even though it creeps me out to think of a mouse down there, I think I am going to let it continue its cozy living arrangement until all the snow melts. Then I will bait up my have-a-heart trap with peanut butter on a saltine and re-locate him.

No comments: